Friday 8 June 2018

Week 2

Upcoming projects and ideas

The cohort for the masters program I'm in is taking a grant writing course this summer. I'm aware that grants are available and many teachers have applied for them to gain money and resources for their respective schools. I was just under the assumption that to write these grants, you needed at least 5 years of teaching experience. You need to be a candidate for teacher of the year and have the superintendent as a contact in your phone. I'm going into my fourth year of teaching and I still feel as inexperienced as the first year. I still have my doubts as an educator, but that shouldn't limit me. It's possible that putting my foot in the door of grant writing can enhance my teaching strategies and make me more confident in my teaching abilities.

As I work on this grant writing proposal, I can't help but get excited about the fake money I'm requesting to be able to purchase a variety of resources and technology to use in class. The one piece of equipment that I'd love to get my hands on is the virtual reality headsets. This would allow me to bring the world to the classroom. Although this is for a fake grant, the idea of having these resources has given me ideas for projects and ideas that I can implement for the new school year. The virtual reality technology inspired me to step outside the classroom and really learn the history of our island.






No comments:

Post a Comment